Saturday, August 30, 2014

Porter's Half, I didn't plan on running this race this year.

 This was a race I was planning on skipping this year, but when Camille got a huge discount for our group and they changed the date I thought I have to do it.  The finish is close to where I live so I didn't have to get up too early. I think the numbers were also down with participants this year. Probably because they had first changed the date from mid August to the same date as Nebo, then changed it from that to the week prior to Nebo.

For the first time in a race I thought I'd try a sweat band to keep the salty sweat out of my eyes. Well, it worked, but looking at the pictures

I look downright totally out of place, like I belong in the '70s or something.
I started the race with Susette and Cory, after a bit I ran ahead of them thinking they would catch up.

London and Marisa
A few miles before the end London passed me... again... I tried to keep up with her, but there was no way. Janet caught up with me, and we pretty much finished the race together, her grand-kids slowed her down in the last little bit as they wanted to run with her.

A number of us placed in our age groups. I was pleased to tell my wife I got 2nd in my age group and it wasn't until later in the night I explained to her there were only three people my age. Janet got 2nd in her age group too. Actually a lot of our group got awards.

My final time was 2:01:12 about 1:30 slower than last year.










Susette and Cory coming down the final stretch.

Marisa, always smiling it seems.

Cathy, didn't think she was going to smile, but she did.

Janet, Nicole and Janet's grandkids.

Heather was really struggling with hip issues but she
finished it and I believe is stronger because of it.

Camille was happy to be done!



Marsha Monson, completed another half.






Christy finishing her race!

Stacy also got an award!

So did London.


No comments:

Post a Comment